Monday, November 18, 2013

Too Much Talking


In the middle of playing, after she made up a word and used it:
Naomi: Mom, do you know what feynke means?
Ana: Nope, what?
Naomi: It means trying to not to fly, just walk.
Ana: Oh, I am constantly feynking.
And I really am.

During a moment of attempted affectionate conversation with Bernadette:
Ana: You are a sweet little girl
Bernadette: I'm not a little girl, I'm big
Ana: ok
Bernadette: I'm getting bigger and bigger
Ana: uh huh
Bernadette: Bigger than you like! I'm going to turn into a moose!
Ana:...

After telling the girls about how my childhood home, which I lived in for 14 years of my life, burned down after we moved when I was in high school and how sad and hard that was for me, Bernadette looked up with a big smile on her face and said:
"Mom, could we put some fires on the floor in here right now?"

Driving somewhere during one of the wonderfully warm days recently:
Ana: It is so beautiful out, isn't a beautiful day girls?
Girls, in unison: Yeah, it is!
Bernadette (hanging her head sadly): But then the doggies come and make the sun go down...

While trying to do lessons with Naomi as she scribbles something on her paper at her desk:
Naomi (somberly): Mom, I have bad news for you...
Ana: What's that?
Naomi: This afternoon, there's nothing but appointments for me.
Ana: What appointments?
Naomi: ...
There were none

Before bed time, talking to Mike in the same somber tone as above:
Naomi: There's bad news dad, tomorrow is not going to be a good day.
Mike: Yes it is, (proceeds to name a bunch of fun stuff that was planned for the next day)
Naomi: Well, yeah, it is going to be fun for me, but it's not going to be fun for that guy (points to her bed post)
Mike: ...

While having a snack of honey roasted almonds:
Naomi: Mom, these almonds taste weird.
Ana: I think they taste good
Naomi: Well they do , they just taste like they were made with french fries.
Ana: Oh yeah?
Naomi: Yeah, or with the ingredients from chicken nuggets.
Ana: ...

While running to the bathroom, Naomi let me know she would be needing my assistance in the bathroom momentarily to the tune of Fiddler on the Roof's "If I Were a Rich Man":
♫ I need to go doops! Yabba dabba dabba dabba dabba dabba dabba da!
My official "proudest moment" as a mother. 

7 comments :

  1. hahaha!!! love these! And the pictures to go with them are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. I totally understand Naomi's almond tasting experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha..love it. Her face is super cute in the last pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naomi looks so grown up! And she also talks like a big weirdo - I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha!! Points for creativity on the Fiddler song!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny! And I can't help but wonder what wisdom Daniel Efosa Uyi was going to add to this conversation...

    ReplyDelete