Quick takes, that's what this is, let's go.
1) First and above all else THANK YOU thank you thank you (!!) to every wonderful, sweet, kind, lovely person who commented to congratulate us on our fun news yesterday, it really and truly made my day. Ok it made my week. Maybe my month. We are so excited and it is so fun to share it with everyone. I will try my hardest to not have this become an All Pregnancy All the Time blog from here on out, but just for today, a few things pregnancy.
2) The girls are so excited, ok Lucy has no clue at all what is going on and only knows that she was unjustly deprived of her beloved nursing times before she wanted to be, but the older 2 are thrilled.
I hear them talking a lot about whether it is a boy or a girl and the verdict is that Bernadette finds the idea of having a boy completely unacceptable and incomprehensible and Naomi thinks we have enough girls, I'm with Naomi.
3) As I mentioned, I just weaned Lucy last week mostly because I am going away next month without her, but also because nursing while in the 1st trimester is kind of miserable. I know lots of way better ladies than me who do it and nurse all through their pregnancies, but I will never be one of those wonderful women. I think after this experience I am officially and solidly in the "wean earlier rather than later and especially wean BEFORE gestating another person" camp, if there is that camp.
4) I have begun my marathon spree of weight gain in the first trimester and it is going swimmingly, I'm gearing up for a lot of fun doctor's appointments. I was thinking about doing a reverse before and after picture except the one where I am smaller I look sad and sickly and the one where I'm 40 pounds bigger I look chubby and cheerful, because let's be honest, that's more accurate anyways, at least in my case.
5) I was thinking about listing all the different foods I am craving and hating but the thought of making you read that made me almost gag on my applesauce, so I will spare you.
6) Thank you to everyone who wished us well during the stomach bug stint, it was no walk in the park. Unless it was a post-apocalyptic park infested with zombies trying to eat us, then it was a walk in that park. Everyone is back to normal and it looks as if it skipped over Lucy and Mike and I really couldn't tell the difference with me anyways, so it's all gravy (people still say that, right?) People never said that.
7) Lastly, another thank you to Bonnie for organizing the Sheenazing Blog awards and to anyone who nominated Time Flies, you are the nicest. There is a fabulous list of too many good blogs all in one place over on the voting page that you should have a glance at and while you're there do some voting!