Friday, January 24, 2014

7 Quick Takes

The girls have resurrected a long lost toy and are playing kind of happily which is obviously a fluke but I am running with it for a few minutes here while Lucy screams from her pack-and-play jail and until all other parties showcase that it is time for everyone to go to their perspective nap traps including myself.

What?

Quick takes, that's what this is, let's go.

1) First and above all else THANK YOU thank you thank you (!!) to every wonderful, sweet, kind, lovely person who commented to congratulate us on our fun news yesterday, it really and truly made my day. Ok it made my week. Maybe my month. We are so excited and it is so fun to share it with everyone. I will try my hardest to not have this become an All Pregnancy All the Time blog from here on out, but just for today, a few things pregnancy.

2) The girls are so excited, ok Lucy has no clue at all what is going on and only knows that she was unjustly deprived of her beloved nursing times before she wanted to be, but the older 2 are thrilled.
I hear them talking a lot about whether it is a boy or a girl and the verdict is that Bernadette finds the idea of having a boy completely unacceptable and incomprehensible and Naomi thinks we have enough girls, I'm with Naomi.


3) As I mentioned, I just weaned Lucy last week mostly because I am going away next month without her, but also because nursing while in the 1st trimester is kind of miserable. I know lots of way better ladies than me who do it and nurse all through their pregnancies, but I will never be one of those wonderful women. I think after this experience I am officially and solidly in the "wean earlier rather than later and especially wean BEFORE gestating another person" camp, if there is that camp. 
Matchy grey sweats, naturally.

4) I have begun my marathon spree of weight gain in the first trimester and it is going swimmingly, I'm gearing up for a lot of fun doctor's appointments. I was thinking about doing a reverse before and after picture except the one where I am smaller I look sad and sickly and the one where I'm 40 pounds bigger I look chubby and cheerful, because let's be honest, that's more accurate anyways, at least in my case.

5) I was thinking about listing all the different foods I am craving and hating but the thought of making you read that made me almost gag on my applesauce, so I will spare you.

6) Thank you to everyone who wished us well during the stomach bug stint, it was no walk in the park. Unless it was a post-apocalyptic park infested with zombies trying to eat us, then it was a walk in that park. Everyone is back to normal and it looks as if it skipped over Lucy and Mike and I really couldn't tell the difference with me anyways, so it's all gravy (people still say that, right?) People never said that.

7) Lastly, another thank you to Bonnie for organizing the Sheenazing Blog awards and to anyone who nominated Time Flies, you are the nicest. There is a fabulous list of too many good blogs all in one place over on the voting page that you should have a glance at and while you're there do some voting!

13 comments :

  1. #3 - Yup there is a camp, and I'm the Den Mother. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats, Ana :) And I'm in that camp too, with Colleen as Den Mother. Nursing does not give me the warm fuzzies and I can't imagine sharing my body with an in-utero and ex-utero baby at the same time. Lets hope I never have twins because that might make me lose my freaking mind.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the new baby! Just found your blog from the Sheenazing Awards...look forward to reading more:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new baby & nomination! :) praying for a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaaaay! I missed your post yesterday and I'm just so excited for you :) Also love that so many fellow bloggers are prego!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that meme. I can come up with a whole host of things that taste better than skinny feels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Wonderful news! I hope you start to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh congrats. I missed your announcement! But the other day when you mentioned lying of the floor in the kitchen, I had an inkling! I'm number four and I always tell people"fours are favorites!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never nursed and was pregnant at the same time either. All mine sort of weaned themselves around 14 - 16 months (except my youngest who was convinced he was going to nurse until he moved out of the house..! He finally gave it up around 17 months.) I have all boys and they just got too busy to be attached. And here's to pregnancy weight gain - and please, lots of posts about the preggo state in your house - I love all that stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! Fabulous news! I gain 40 pounds every single baby too, glad I am not alone :). My Hope is still chugging along in the nursing department. I have never weaned except when pregnant with the next babe, so we shall see how long she lasts. Prayers for a great pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to hear about your baby on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats...and have you ever put a doughnut in a microwave? I'd never heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Doughnuts in the microwave, Delish!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete