Friday, March 28, 2014

Seeing Blue


For the record, we would have been thrilled if it were, but this time- IT'S NOT!

I definitely did not expect to cry if we found out that it was a boy, but wow did the flood gates ever open involuntarily as the ultrasound tech announced that this baby would be very outnumbered with so many sisters. The tech pretended not to notice and went about her business.

^ scary alien baby face. 

We brought all three girls in for the ultrasound (which the above mentioned tech did not seem super thrilled about) and I was so happy that Bernadette was not upset at the news. The day before the ultrasound she was very adamant that "we did not even need to go in to find out because it was DEFINITELY a girl and would be named Zelie!" (p.s. never divulge your favorite girl name to a toddler, there is no going back).

But despite her pleas, we did go in for the ultrasound and later in the day I was walking through Old Navy (or as Bernadette's says, "Old Maybe") and mentioned to her that we should walk through the little boy clothing to get something for the new baby and Bernadette retorted that "actually, we should probably just go buy a dress for baby Zelie". Uhhh, it still hadn't really hit her but it did provide the Old Navy sales lady with some diversion as I sat and re-explained right there in the maternity clothing section that it definitely was a boy and that would not be changing . She gets it now and she's happy.

A lovely old man at our parish gives out toys to kids after Mass every week and for the last few weeks Mike has been capitalizing on the stash of match box cars he gives out in high hopes that he had indeed produced male offspring this time around, and he was not disappointed.


I am sparing you the ultra-awkward obvious boy picture because I couldn't figure out how to photo shop a modest diaper over his nether regions.

It definitely feels like being pregnant for the first time in a lot of ways, which is super fun and may just mean that I will be subjecting the blog community to many more pregnancy posts than they ever knew they didn't want to read. I was supposed to be about 18 weeks at the appointment yesterday, but am measuring more like 19, which kicks the due date up a little, which I will never ever complain about. Ever. 

I think that's enough for now. Thanks to you sweet friends for being so excited with us, we are over the moon about this little boy and cannot wait to meet him in August!

Lucy's gender reveal post 

41 comments :

  1. ANA! I am soooooooo excited for you and your family! BLUE!!!!!!!!!!

    Can you tell I'm excited??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! So much fun.

    Also, our u/s tech was also unhappy we brought our three older kids in last time around. Seriously? We all want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting!! Have fun shopping for those boy clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! As a mom of two boys, let me recommend shopping for church clothes in the next few weeks or so. It's really hard to find less-expensive boys dress clothes when it's not Christmas or Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Congrats. Delurking for the day- done. :) Excitement will only increase with time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw yay! Boys are so fun! And so different! Not that a fourth girl wouldn't have been a blast ( I come from a family of seven girls:) Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHH This gives me hope that after 3 girls a boy CAN happen!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY YAY YAY!!! Such wonderful news, Ana! You will absolutely love it. I know you would have either way, but this is just neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A boy!!!!!!! Oh you'll love being a boy mom. And he will be a perfect gentleman with all the peer pressure in that house...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wahooo!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!! Emeric is singing all the songs from Frozen really well by now...big sister peer pressure is THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that's fantastic! Congratulations to you and Mike and the BIG sisters! He is such a lucky boy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to you all on the coming little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Little boys make your heart melt. They are so sweet. Also, just keep the diaper over his nether regions while you change him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! Congrats to you and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!!!!!! So happy for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats, Ana! Boys are great fun. I have two and no girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How exciting! Congratulations to you and Mike! Boys are definitely a change - I am still getting used to my two boys after my daughter! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay boys! You'll have so much fun with him! It really is a totally different experience, in a good way. And it opens a whole new shopping world. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful news! Congratulations to all of you! Enjoy getting ready for your little GUY!

    (And also -- thanks for the reminder that even with three of the same gender, there's hope for getting a taste of the other. We're on boy #3. And hoping, someday, to see a little pink around here.)

    ReplyDelete
  20. How exciting! A boy! I can't wait to hear the name!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh so exciting! Congratulations, Ana! This year seems to be the year of opposites for gender!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy News! Glad you'll have a son joining in on all the fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. ongratulations!! I just had a boy a few weeks ago and it truly is a dfferent experience to fall in love with and be the first love a little tiny man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay! You're on the same offspring path as us. We went three girls, a boy, a girl, and another boy. And for now we're not expecting another. But it's so fun to mix it up. After three intense girls in a row (for me, but yours sound like they give you a similar run for your money) it was so pleasant to have a somewhat less dramatic being.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats!! Little boys are so much fun. Get ready for trucks and trains and airplanes and a lot of dirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. YAY!!! I figured it was a boy when you mentioned how DRASTICALLY different your food aversions were this time (like I am an expert, I am most definitely not). I hear boys are easier. All I have is one boy, so again... what do I know? I'm excited for the boy though. Boys are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!! So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations! Yay for little boys. I really enjoy my baby boys. I love my girls, of course, but boys seem to be so easy going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So. Much. Fun. (I'd say I'm boy-partial, but it turns out I love both equally. :) So congratulations on it all.) Complete awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such exciting news! Congrats, Ana!

    ReplyDelete
  31. So exciting!! and have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrAcV2ywnqc

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh Ana! So, so happy for you! Of course, I would have been happy for another little girl, too, but as a Mom of 4 boys I just love little baby boys!! You're entering a whole new world...!

    ReplyDelete
  33. We have exactly the same arrangement - three girls and then a baby boy. My girls absolutely adore their little brother and referred to him as The Baby Brother for at least six months after he was born. It is definitely a whole different kind of fun having a little boy around - especially once they are mobile! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congratulations! Baby boys are so great (that's all I have so I'm sure baby girls are too!) how fun! So exciting for you and your family!

    Ps. Your girls name is a name that had been added to our future baby stash as of last week. Our 3 year old Easton, named one of his trucks Zelie because he heard us talking about it and then asked when she will be here. Talk about an odd convo, 'well we aren't having a baby right now...maybe soon, but it's not happening yet...no you can't tell people you're getting a sister because we wouldn't know if it was...' Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations!!
    Prepare for perfect strangers to be commenting on how your family is now 'complete' and how 'you're done now right?' - oh grocery store strangers, you're so awkward and nosy.

    ReplyDelete
  36. So excited for you! Hope you continue to have a healthy and happy (relatively speaking!) pregnancy with your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  37. This makes me so so so happy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congratulations!! We are opposite at our house, 3 boys, a girl and then another boy. I was super excited to get to shop for girl clothes when I found out at the ultrasound about our daughter. My daughter was taking a bath the other day and her younger brother was pouring water on her feet. She told her dad he was her "baby butler", maybe a bit too much Downton Abbey lately? He loves being her baby butler and follows her around everywhere. I'm sure your daughters will be great big sisters.

    ReplyDelete