1) So this happened yesterday:
Since this picture at least a few more inches have fallen. In her excitement Naomi was sure that "it hadn't snowed in YEARS!!". I assured her that it indeed snowed the better part of this past year, and that it will most likely cotinue snowing for many, many more months. Then I went into a corner and wept. Kidding. Not really.
2) As a result of the extremely scewed sense of time in the minds of the resident small people, the excitement over playing in the snow has abounded over the last 2 days. This has resulted in no less than 6 full suit-ups for snow play, each taking at least 30 minutes of prep time and yielding roughly 15 minutes a piece of actual play time and always ending in one or all of the girls screaming about how badly their fingers hurt. At least 3 pairs of mittens are lost under the snow in the back yard and around 20 total cups of hot chocolate have been consumed. It's been great.
3) I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer about the snow, it is pretty it's just that
Wow, 3 quick takes of weather complaints, this blog just reached the heights of horrible. Or wait, can it get worse? Let's talk about sleep training. Yes it can
4) Joseph is still waking up at least a few times a night to cry or eat, but I would say that compared to the hours he clocked in on his first night of training, he is doing a fabulous job. Last night he only fussed for about 30 minutes total, and that was even broken up into several different intervals throughout the night until about 4:30, which happens to be his very worst time of the day.
5) Has anyone else has a baby who gets SUPER gassy and uncomfortable from around 4:30-6:30 a.m.? I know I am casting a very small net here, but I figure it's worth asking. It's rather unfortunate because cry-it-out just does not work when a baby is really, legitimately uncomfortable. The rest of the day he's really fine though, so I am decidedly sure it's not a food allergy. I know it will pass soon, and if 4:30 is my wake time until it does, I should probably just try to embrace some seriously early productivity. But then my name wouldn't be Ana Lazy Hahn.
6) You know else I should do? I should link up with Nell for her week eats link-up. I would be a much more on the ball person if I did, I just don't know if peanut butter and jelly passes for a dinner- does it? I have been really dropping the meal planning ball as of late, it's really bad. It wouldn't be a big deal since Mike and the girls like peanut butter and jelly, but then there are days like today where I don't have all sorts of essentials I need forcing me to make store trips with all 4 in tow in the freezing cold snowy weather today. Oh the looks and the hands full comments, they could not be stopped. Also the number of times Naomi ran into an elderly person- innumerable. I need to meal plan.
7) Picture take. Here's Joseph's morning hair:
A sign of sleeping more than 8 broken hours during the night, say I.
Have a great weekend!