Tuesday, December 1, 2015

In Thanksgiving for...

Let me interrupt the radio silence around here for a brief moment because Thanksgiving happened and I think it's in, like, the code of bloggers or something that "one must post the standard holiday post on or around the holiday that hast taken place". Also, I have much to be very thankful for (read on for the BIG thing), and I think true gratitude is expressed best through blogging. That's also in the the code, I think.

Ok, onward. We made the trek back to Steubenville for Thanksgiving, but not before getting all giddy over the first snow here in the South Bend...

Seriously, I sent them out for at least 3 snow romping stints in less than 12 hours, in full snow suit gear and all because the novelty was there and we were all loving it a little too much. I even made "winter cookies" with them, complete with cookie cutters and icing PLUS a hot chocolate party. It was splendid.

Then a couple days later we were off to Homol Thanksgiving Fest 2015:
      ^ Blurred faces from stolen iphone pic but you get the big family idea.

I was super grateful for the beautiful weather and my parents' giant back yard where the kids perilously sped riding toys at frightening speeds down their huge hill over and over and over again...

And grateful for a kick-a$@ sister who even raced them down...

Grateful for a dad who will NEVER say no to taking grandkids on a tractor ride...

Grateful for siblings pushing my kids on the tire swing with bourbon in hand, because we know how to do Thanksgiving...

And thankful for family, on both sides, who joyfully celebrated with us another life to add to this crazy bunch:


You knew something was coming, but I had to get in ALL the things I'm thankful for before the biggest. I blame little nugget for the blog-silence, and will just be honest and say it'll probably continue for a few more weeks until we're out of the constant-nausea-constant-eating-more-nasuea-more-eating phase, because I need to save my energy for all the eating.

I hope you and yours had a beautiful and blessed Thanksgiving!!

22 comments :

  1. WONDERFUL news!! Congratulations! 5 is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Congrats! We must be due right around the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! What wonderful news!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! What wonderful news!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo, congratulations!! Hope the nausea ends soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! I will pray your nausea ends soon. Can't wait to see who you get to meet this time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So exciting! And what a great, big family she gets to join! (Or he. But I say she😜)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!! Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!! And prayers for the nausea to end soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A new baby, what joy! I follow your FIL on FB and noticed he posted a pic of the Hahn family a few months ago & referenced 12 grandchildren with 1 in utero, and I was wondering who might be expecting. I'm not sure if that reference was for you or one of the other women, but either way, great news & congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. God love ya girl. I don't know how you find the energy or the motivation, but you go on with your crazy self!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're not kidding about the title to the blog, are you? ;) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete