Friday, May 20, 2016

for sale signs and baby bumps {7 QT}

Welp, it looks like blogging in the thick of a super-high-stress time of life is good medicine for making things happen, so I'm linking up with Kelly to over-update the masses, like I do.

1) I blinked and several weeks of pregnancy were just gone.
34 weeks and in the home stretch, wha?!?!?
Sorry, my selfie game is weak, oh so weak.

2) Our home went "Sale Pending" within 3 days of having it listed.

Booyah!

I know home sales can be crazy and nothing is final or a done-deal until it is, but having multiple offers within a couple of days sure helped me breathe a little sigh of relief with regards to the whole house-selling deal.

3) I cannot but sing the highest praises of my much better half who lovingly sent me and the kids to Steubenville during the week leading up to listing our home and who took on every single ounce of work that needed to be done to make this place show-able: from painting the porch, to scrubbing our hard-water-stained tub for a total of something like 10 hours and then deep cleaning the entire house like it has never, and I mean never, been cleaned before (not to mention the yard work and loooooooads of indoor painting).

Stolen pictures from Zillow, I still can't believe the house was that clean.

Sure, it was hard work having the kids solo and being pregnant, but living with my in-laws, who were always up for offering any help they could and being able to bounce over to my parents house to let the brood burn off necessary steam with cousins was absolutely preferable to the glut of cleaning and fixing up that needed to happen here.

4) Once we listed the place Mike joined us in the Ville while our realtor took over and did her showing thing. We even got to take a little jaunt to our future home to attempt to find an actual home and.... drum roll.... we did! Which we absolutely could not have done without the aid of Mike's amazing parents who kept 3 out the 4 kids with them while we trotted off to Virginia, they are THE best.

5) We have had an offer accepted-- and again-- I know nothing is set in stone until the actual close date, but we found an adorable little place that will suffice for at least a few years without totally breaking the bank. So many prayers said, so many hours waiting for calls from realtors and banks. And I SO hope it is all on pause for now because, well, there is a baby to birth still. Yes, the BABY!

6) My first and third were born at 38 weeks and Joe surprised us at 37 weeks so 34 weeks definitely feels like we are getting close (Bernadette was a scheduled c-section and very breech). However, that does not mean that I have even a stitch of baby stuff out and ready, because I don't. Not a stitch. Who says "Stitch", how old am I? So I'll get on that at some point.

7) Anyways I think I'll end my rant-update there and close by thanking you all for your words of encouragement and support after my last post, I really needed them. For now it feels like the extra-insanity is on hold until we move, and for that I am extremely grateful.


21 comments :

  1. Oh yay, congratulations and what a huge, huge relief!!! Prayers that closing goes smoothly :) And by the time you guys are out here, I should finally be feeling not-horrible so I'll be sure to bring you guys a meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay, congratulations and what a huge, huge relief!!! Prayers that closing goes smoothly :) And by the time you guys are out here, I should finally be feeling not-horrible so I'll be sure to bring you guys a meal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! We're Virginians and I'm 36 weeks with #4, so you should come over and visit! My husband has always sent me out of town on our moving days, it's easier for everyone involved. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooohooooooo, congratulations! Hope everything goes well with the move etc. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Another boy... how fun. I am jealous! ;) Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! Isn't it a relief to know where you'll be living?!? Alleluia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someday, when we list our house, I wonder if Joe will ship me off somewhere so I don't have to be around for it. Doubtful. ;) I'm glad that everything is falling into place for you!! That has to be such a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on getting an offer on your house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ana! Are you really moving to Virginia!!! How fun! We love this beautiful state and I am sure you will love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ana, congrats on everything! Wow, that's great about the houses, and even more awesome about the baby! Haha, join the procrastinator club! I'm 36 weeks along, and the only reason why I have a total of 7 diapers and some baby clothes is 100% due to the fact that people have gifted them to me recently. I've been planning for this baby to be overdue, so hopefully he and God cooperate with that? (though I almost wonder if God, in a move to be hilariously ironic, will have this baby come out as soon as the next two weeks haha)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woohoo! I am so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look AMAZING. Gotta put that out there.

    Congrats on all the house stuff. Ours went that way too and it was so much weight off.

    Do you return to really well catechized children when they stay with your in-laws?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Major props to Mike for all that cleaning, and that's a brilliant idea to go away with the kids when getting a house ready! Congrats on the (pending) sale!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's so awesome Ana, and the house really does look great. Thank God for good husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  15. He wins husband of the year! Hope your last few weeks of pregnancy go by quickly and smoothly. Praying for an easy delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not that you have time for this...but I love the color green in your old living room! Do you know the name of the paint?? (Just ignore this if it's annoying and you have no time to respond!) I'm so happy everything is working out smoothly for your beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an old Home Depot Behr Disney branded paint called "Christopher Robin's Swing." I don't think anyone sells it anymore, but you can still get it mixed as a custom color at any paint store that does that sort of thing (that's what we did).

      Delete
  17. We moved with a newborn ( less than a month) twice and once when I was 30 weeks pregnant, so I'm with you on ALL THE HARD FEELS right now. Prayers forthcoming and when I'm in VA this September, I will stop by and hug you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's been too long since I've checked in to your blog, so I owe you a congratulations on both the house and the new baby! Exciting times ahead!

    ReplyDelete