Welp, it looks like blogging in the thick of a super-high-stress time of life is good medicine for making things happen, so I'm linking up with Kelly to over-update the masses, like I do.
1) I blinked and several weeks of pregnancy were just gone.
34 weeks and in the home stretch, wha?!?!?
2) Our home went "Sale Pending" within 3 days of having it listed.
I know home sales can be crazy and nothing is final or a done-deal until it is, but having multiple offers within a couple of days sure helped me breathe a little sigh of relief with regards to the whole house-selling deal.
3) I cannot but sing the highest praises of my much better half who lovingly sent me and the kids to Steubenville during the week leading up to listing our home and who took on every single ounce of work that needed to be done to make this place show-able: from painting the porch, to scrubbing our hard-water-stained tub for a total of something like 10 hours and then deep cleaning the entire house like it has never, and I mean never, been cleaned before (not to mention the yard work and loooooooads of indoor painting).
Zillow, I still can't believe the house was that clean.
Sure, it was hard work having the kids solo and being pregnant, but living with my in-laws, who were always up for offering any help they could and being able to bounce over to my parents house to let the brood burn off necessary steam with cousins was absolutely preferable to the glut of cleaning and fixing up that needed to happen here.
4) Once we listed the place Mike joined us in the Ville while our realtor took over and did her showing thing. We even got to take a little jaunt to our future home to attempt to find an actual home and.... drum roll.... we did! Which we absolutely could not have done without the aid of Mike's amazing parents who kept 3 out the 4 kids with them while we trotted off to Virginia, they are THE best.
5) We have had an offer accepted-- and again-- I know nothing is set in stone until the actual close date, but we found an adorable little place that will suffice for at least a few years without totally breaking the bank. So many prayers said, so many hours waiting for calls from realtors and banks. And I SO hope it is all on pause for now because, well, there is a baby to birth still. Yes, the BABY!
6) My first and third were born at 38 weeks and Joe surprised us at 37 weeks so 34 weeks definitely feels like we are getting close (Bernadette was a scheduled c-section and very breech). However, that does not mean that I have even a stitch of baby stuff out and ready, because I don't. Not a stitch. Who says "Stitch", how old am I? So I'll get on that at some point.
7) Anyways I think I'll end my rant-update there and close by thanking you all for your words of encouragement and support after my last post, I really needed them. For now it feels like the extra-insanity is on hold until we move, and for that I am extremely grateful.