Saturday, September 17, 2016

seven on saturday

Linking up with Kelly the Quick Takes Queen!

-Homeschool-
Thanks to everyone for your advice and encouragement for my very imaginative, school-hating 1st grader, it's so helpful to know I'm not alone in this boat. I've actually implemented none of it, and done nothing at all differently, except that one day when she went on a little meltdown-school-strike I just got all mean-mom on her and really cracked down and it seems like I've nipped it for now. She gets scads of time for play because our structured school time is minimal, so I just felt that she could handle it, and lo and behold, she totally can.

-Lucy-
3 is such a hard age, but also the funniest age of them all. Last week Lucy started talking about a man named "Papa Jokes", who she claimed "brought us a meal when she was just born" and "had many children who all died tragic deaths as a result of their teeth being pulled out" and who then "died a tragic death himself". Papa Jokes, ya'll, I'll get to writing his biography asap. 

-Joseph-
When we first moved here we paid for a haircut for Joe because when we try to cut it ourselves a) he screams bloody murder like we are trying to cut his head off and 2) I'm the worst ever at hair cuts and it always looks a little bit like I let the 7-year-old try her hand at it. But his hair grows SO fast and is so so thick and he was starting to look like Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber...


I really didn't want to pay for another cut, so I just went for it. 

All of it.

Now he looks like Buzz from Home Alone.

-Fred-
Fred is 3 months old and I am completely baffled that he is so big already. 

He is absolutely my most smiley baby yet, but I cannot get him to smile for the camera ever. He is also my earliest laugher and he completely won over everyone at his well visit the other day because if you talk to him he just starts belly laughing. And I did manage to capture that for you.
IMG_2675 from Ana Hahn on Vimeo.

-Workouts-
I shared via the Grams a few weeks ago that I had done my first Jillian workout since having Fred, and I am not joking at all when I say that it was my first workout in the past year. I am the least fit pregnant woman ever and my workouts consist of spoon-to-mouth-and-back-to-the-ice-cream-carton level, it's rough, but I manage. Anyways, I realized about a month ago that I should start trying to get back into shape and my go-to since I had Bernadette is to jump start with Jillian's 30 day shred. Say what you will about her-- there is so much to say-- but she always manages to help me out. I did 10 days of level 1 and I am 5 days in to level 2 and solid 8 pounds down! More importantly I feel like I can hold Fred all the live long day as he prefers without hurting myself! I'm sure I'll keep you annoyingly updated once I get to the end of the 30 days. You're so welcome.

-Links-
Please don't think that I think I'm all that and a bag of fat-free chips or anything, I still have like 20 more pounds to lose, and I am looking to Dwija for all the inspiration on that front, because she is amazing! Carolyn opened her new Etsy shop recently and I am a little obsessed with it-- I'm thinking this Earth print for our school room, yes? My new next door neighbor Annie is an artist with some serious calligraphy talent, click over to her website and stand in awe. Praying for Grace and Simon as they grieve the loss of their sweet little one.


-Fall Fever-
I know everybody is so very excited that fall is on the horizon, but none are as excited as my children, who busted out their puffy vests for the freezing 60 degree temps yesterday. They have been asking me for the rake so that they could start raking the few leaves that have fallen in our yard and since I didn't know where it was I just said "no". Naturally they tapped into their resourceful sides with our sand toys:

It's not child labor if they're volunteering. 

Happy weekend!

7 comments :

  1. Oh crap. Now I need another baby. 😍😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ana, I am from Kenya and your posts always encourage me. As I am also a stay at home mum, though it's not a popular case here and I get all manner of criticism, even from "church" people. But as my spiritual director says, " ignorance is universal" , so I let them be. You really bring to light the numerous responsibilities mums have. Thanks for that. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ana, I am from Kenya and your posts always encourage me. As I am also a stay at home mum, though it's not a popular case here and I get all manner of criticism, even from "church" people. But as my spiritual director says, " ignorance is universal" , so I let them be. You really bring to light the numerous responsibilities mums have. Thanks for that. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, I love your haircut comparisons. Too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing awesome I think! With all the things! As one Jillian-sufferer to the next I thought I'd tell you about these new crazy workouts I've been doing even though I hate working out. They're HIIT workouts so they're usually 12-15 minutes and they are new everyday and it's a pretty cheap price you just log on everyday and do a quick workout. I know the main page looks sorta gimmick-y but it's pretty decent stuff. www.dollarworkoutclub.com
    I can't believe I'm giving workout links...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made Pete watch Fred laughing because it was so great...we miss you guys very much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just made Pete watch Fred laughing because it was so great...we miss you guys very much!

    ReplyDelete