Saturday, October 22, 2016

Chocolate *Pumpkin* Chip Cookies {+my all time fav chocolate chip cookie recipe!}

I am not and will never claim to be a food blogger. I am the lamest when it comes to creativity with meals and I generally just cook what I know the kids will eat. However, I definitely do have a soft spot for baking a good batch of cookies and ever since I found THE recipe I don't even have to look at it anymore when I make them, it's good and memorized.

I know everybody has their recipe that they love, but I have to say that this soft batch chocolate chip cookie recipe from Averie Cooks is literally a never fail recipe. I have never ever baked them and had them not come out chewy and delicious-- even when I've accidentally over baked them!!

So while the recipe I am sharing right now is adapted by me, it is based on Averie Cooks chocolate chip cookie recipe and I HIGHLY recommend you hop over and bake hers and then go ahead and memorize her recipe because you'll never need another. Also just plan on always have a pack of cream cheese in the fridge for baking.

Ok back to the recipe at hand ....


Also I know absolutely nothing about food photography, but I had a very rare quiet morning today and I just so happen to have a mini pumpkin and some brown fabric around so I went ahead and did a little photo shoot.

I had been seeing packages of pumpkin spice chips at the end of the baking aisles on my weekly grocery outings since I am the biggest sucker ever for all things pumpkin in the fall I finally gave in and threw them in  my cart this week. I typically go for a pumpkin chocolate chip cookies but these seemed like a nice inverse of that sentiment.

I used Averie's chocolate chip cookie recipe as a starting point and then tweaked some parts and come out with these.


Chocolate Pumpkin Chip Cookies
Preheat your oven to 350
Line a baking sheet with parchment and spray with non stick cooking spray
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup brown sugar, packed (I also made one batch using regular white sugar and they were great)
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4-1/3 cup cocoa powder (depending on how chocolaty you want them)
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt, optional and to taste
1 cup pumpkin spice chips

Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350, cool and enjoy.


Happy Fall!

No comments :

Post a Comment