Time for some very speedy takes with Kelly this Friday, because I have approximately 13.5 minutes or less before all witching hour hell breaks loose.
1) Yesterday I attempted to take the kids on a nature hike in the woods behind our backyard.
I am not joking at all when I say that it lasted about 1 minute and 45 seconds from the time we walked into the woods-- which were incidentally extremely cluttered with our neighbors trash and mowed grass-- to the time we headed back to the yard. I was willing to venture past the trash and grass but then I stepped into some ridiculous bush that covered my legs with weird brown things and I am not at all into nature enough to be ok with that so we turned around and settled for a walk on the street to find rocks.
2) I went for my free Hair Station cut today and I still have hair on my head so that's good! Seriously though, I was definitely the youngest person there by about 20 or 30 years and while the woman was cutting my hair she started sharing with me about how "she never went to beauty school" but rather she "trained under her aunt" (why she thought her aunt would instill any confidence in me I am still trying to figure out). I just needed a trim so I figured worst case scenario I would just do some clean up when I got home, and while there are a few giant chunks substantially shorter on my right side than the left, I am just leaving them and counting it as a lesson in humility.
Real Lesson: unless you need a shampoo and perm, maybe go somewhere other than Hair Station.
What's that you say? You want Hair Station after picks? Oh, ok.
3) Here's another closer picture of it with a Fred strapped on during a really lovely outing today to get all of Lucy's birthday things because she is finally turning 4 tomorrow!
4) I carved a pumpkin with the kids last weekend and accidentally gave it a pretty decent unibrow:
Joe-Flacco-Lantern", and I was pretty proud that my growth in NFL love made it so that I actually thought that was hilarious.
5) I am making these for Lucy tomorrow
Image source same as recipe source.
And I am also probably more excited than she is about it.
6) Can some other fellow homeschooling moms who also have 2-year-old
boys underfoot PLEASE tell me what to do with Joe while I attempt school
with the girls? I have turned to Little Einsteins in desperation and the number of
hours he has logged since we've begun school is a little, nay A LOT,
embarrassing and I hate just having him sit in front of the TV, but if
he writes on one more surface with crayon I might just lose it. Help!
7) Joseph has discovered a new love of taking pictures with me on my ipad. I think he just likes to look at himself, little narcissist that he is.
Fred be like "somebody shoot me, please"