Linking up with Kelly for some very late quick takes! Here we go!
1) I feel like most people have much more exciting weekends than me and approach them like "Oh yay! Now I can have lots of quality family time or catch up on some good reading!" Whereas I am generally like, "yay! I have so much more time to waste on the internets!" I did my duty and got our family out and about a little the last 2 weekends, but the kids were plagued with some croup virus all week that is still hanging around, so low key Magic School Bus and Internet surfing filled weekend it has been.
2) We have this pretty fabulous giant wrap around porch that I just need to sing the praises of for a quick second because it has been a life saver since moving. The previous owners had a dog and I'm pretty sure that's why they did this, but they have a little gate that hooks right into the railings and closes in the entire porch, creating a sort of outdoor oversized roofed play pen and it is the kids favorite.
We also have a beautiful huge yard but they prefer to be in their little dog house shouting loudly with their tiny riding toys any day of the week, much to the chagrin of our neighbors to be sure. Plus we have this nice little view that I can sit and stare at from the porch so I'm not complaining.
3) Like everything else in the world of trendy and hip (flip phones forEVER!) I am working it like the 90-year-old grandma I am and coming in as late as I can to the 3 Fictional Characters To Describe Yourself game. It really was quite difficult to come up with these, but I finally did it:
Weezer from Steel Magnolias, (watch that video in the link and you'll understand) Annie Walker from Bridesmaids and Julia from The Wedding Singer.
4) The great thing about these choices is that-- completely by chance-- the significant others of the these fictional characters happen to fit Mike pretty perfectly:
Owen Jenkins, Robbie Hart, and Rhodes
He was not consulted in this selection.
5) I read Jenny's post on THM the other day and for a split second thought that I maybe, just maybe, I should revise my eating habits a tad. The method seems super legit and healthy and since I've pretty much been doing my typical half-assed weight watchers plan and seeing sloooow results, I'm thinking maybe. But here's the thing: do I have to add collagen to everything? Do I need to invest in the various add-ons (nutritional yeast?) and can I really not eat Reese's cup under *any* circumstances? It seems like maybe it's too much for me.
6) I think that I finished the 30 Day Shred, but I lost track of counting how many days I've done it and I am just going to keep on doing level 3 until I can do it like the advanced girl (cuz you know I've been doing those push ups with my knees firmly planted on the ground) and then I will switch it up. Start to finish it helped me knock of about 13 pounds, but there are still so many to go. Christy hit me up with this recommendation for HIIT workouts, which I get a lot of results from. Tell my what you do within the confines of your home!
I'll spare you any more, for now. ;)