Friday, November 11, 2016

The Finer Things Club and So Much Fall {Quick Takes!}

Linking up my my girl, Kelly!

1: I'm going back almost 2 weeks with this one-- All Saint's Day!!

The girls changed their minds approximately 50 times about which saints they were going to be, but in the end they went with Saint Rose of Lima, Saint Elizabeth of Hungary and Saint Lucy. I went ahead and just sewed some fabric eye balls this year because this is the 3rd year in a row someone has decided on being Saint Lucy and I figure at this point we should just have them for the costume box (hashtag things only Catholic moms do). Poor Joe couldn't join us for the party at the local parish because it started at 1:30- aka smack dab in the middle of nap time- and if you know me you know I will never- never- forfeit that time for anything. Ever. Lucy for us the college Mike is working at now gave the faculty All Saints Day off (hashtag things only Catholic colleges do) so Joe napped his heart out and then had a fun filled afternoon complete with riding the tractor on dad's lap.

So fun was had by all.

3: Mike and I got back on the Great British Baking show train and just finished the latest season which explains why I've completely stopped losing any baby weight. Seriously, you cannot watch the show without eating during it, and it turns me into a crazy baking fiend. We finished the season last week and within one week I made the following:

-Challah

A Roulade, A Dutch Apple Pie, and Donuts

I have a problem and I need help.

4: Speaking of problems...

We have a bit of a leaf problem in our back yard. That pile took me more than an hour of raking with the baby strapped on, and they juuuust keeeeeep falling.

5: Fall in this town is absolutely gorgeous. We ventured out twice in the last week to this beautiful lookout up one of "mountains" and it was pretty ugly, I mean stunning.



6: We had our first tea party in our new house, I'm a really big fan of tea parties.

The girls wouldn't let Joe come unless he wore his special jacket, thus marks his official induction into the Finer Things Club.

7: I'll leave you with that.

6 comments :

  1. Girl, we've got a leaf blower and need leaves for mulching the garden - let me know if you want to borrow it and we can bring it over with the trailer and put the menfolk to work and take all the leaves off your hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, we've got a leaf blower and need leaves for mulching the garden - let me know if you want to borrow it and we can bring it over with the trailer and put the menfolk to work and take all the leaves off your hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just going to say that I will take all the leaves for our garden, but Rosie beat me to it! (In case you don't remember, I'm Rosie's mom and I live with her.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if you don't want to give your leaves to your friends...I'd recommend a mulching lawn mower for Mike for Christmas ;) And gosh, I'd wish I'd thought to make fabric eyeballs years ago! (My dd took Lucy for a confirmation name!) Oh, and your challah looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous views. I love the pic of you & your kids...can't get over how much Lucy & Bernadette look alike!

    ReplyDelete