Linking up with Kelly on Sunday, partially to distract myself from nerves over the Steelers-Patriots game tonight. Who have I turned into?
1) I was at a party last night with a game where you had to identify a bunch of celebrities by their head shots and I could not for the life of me remember Tom Brady's name, which Mike was thoroughly ashamed of (not really), but which I took as an omen for the game results. Also not really. But really-- I do not feel good about it.
2) I never go to parties. And I never take mirror selfies. But last night I did both:
Shout out to Alex who hosted one of the coolest, well planned parties I have ever attended-- it was really wonderful and a great way for this shut-in of a mother to meet some new peeps in town. I love the peplum dress that I wore, but it was unfortunately borrowed from a friend and now I want to buy one, but then I remember that I do not go out and I would likely have no where to wear it sooo, there's that.
3) Everybody was posting their yearly reading lists and I am still baffled at the sheer number of books you fellow mothers of tons of little kids read in a year-- hooooow do you do it?! I have set my goals nice and low with a short stack of 3 to start with.
library, we have so many books I've never read. I made a small dent in my O'Connor collection a few years ago and while I enjoyed most of them, some of them (ahem, The Lame Shall Enter First) made me a depressed mess for several days. Would you Flannery Folks give me some suggestions of some of your favorites of the not-ultra-depressing variety (Christy? Haley?) Preferably ones with no kid deaths, please and thank you.
4) On the subject of reading, I read sweet Britt's most recent birth story this week and was literally on the edge of my seat, it was so good!
5) I know I've already raved about it on Instagram, but my very favorite Christmas gift this year was my Hatch Prints calendar- Katrina has such beautiful talent. I looked ahead to the painting for February and can safely say that nothing has made me this excited for February. Ever.
I would highly recommend it to brighten your home and your February.
6) I'm toying with the idea of enrolling in a curriculum for 3rd and 2nd grade (maybe Kolbe?) but I am wondering what the pros are considering the cost of it. I'm all eeeeeears.
7) Happy Sunday!!!