1) I have just discovered the greatness of Insta-stories, and I know I am seriously light years behind (I still don't have/really understand snap chat), it is just so fun to get a glimpse into the goings-on of all my e-friends. I'm currently living vicariously through Heather in all things decorative-- and also cracking up-- and am standing in awe of Kathryn and her on-top-of-it-ness. But who am I kidding, I love them all.
2) Speaking of being behind on internet thingys, I have recently fallen in love with memes thanks to my youngest, hippest sister. Here are a few faves (pardon the language from the sources)
3) I've been doing some real damage control in the way of eating/postpartum weight loss this last week thanks to a really wonderful date night, a baptism celebration and a super fun superbowl party last weekend, all of which were brimming with fats and sugars and drinks and I am just now feeling like I am recovering. I started the week by shifting my workouts to runs outside because the weather here is positively glorious compared to the freezing grey lands of South Bend. I have to say that the taste of outdoor non-Jillian workouts has spoiled me immensely and getting back to planking in front of the TV is killing me-- why are living room workouts so HARD!?!
4) Mike and I watched the Crown and liked it, but were also fairly bored. We will keep going because I want to be cool, but I do wonder how on earth they are going to fill as many seasons as they have planned. I also wonder if Philip was really as big of a jerk as they portray him. Life's important questions.
5) I know my home decor additions to this blog are entirely under-whelming, and I think I have nailed down my style to Walmart-Chic with a splash of spray-painted goodwill finds, but! That will not stop me from posting pictures of things I've added that I like. Last week I spotted these matching chairs at the Goodwill for $50 a piece and even though I didn't love the print I did like the shape and we really needed 2 chairs to finish off furnishing our family room (which we use most). I waited on getting them and went back a few days later and since they were still there I thought I would try my hand at talking them down on the price, though I had never tried it before at the Goodwill. And it worked! I scored them both for $60 and I love love love that I have a little reading corner now.
I moved the plant from the piano room because it needed more light and I am now in the market for a nice looking, sizeable, (cheap, always cheap) fake plant. I am way better at caring for fake plants.
6) Naomi will be 8 next month and I feel like the right thing to say to that is how "old it makes me feel"-- that's what people say, right?-- but I have to admit that I feel like just as much of a new mom some days as I did when I just had her. I mean, I would like to think that there are fewer mom-tantrums thrown when things are hard, but I feel like I'm still light years away from being where so many other amazing women are.
7) To testify to my utter denseness, here's a little story. Fred has been napping terribly his entire life. Every day I'm all in a tizzy because his naps are so lame and I basically can't get much, if anything, done while he is awake. Then today (nearly 8 months into his baby-life) as I was pouring my 3rd (giant) cup of coffee it finally hit me why my exclusively breastfed baby might be having trouble sleeping during the day-time hours.
And tonight I prepared the very same amount of coffee.