Thursday, February 9, 2017

Ana uses the Interwebs and other stories {7 QTs}

I just want to give big props to Kelly for banging out quick takes weekly and thereby doing a major part in keeping the blog-world alive and kicking. Linking up early!

1) I have just discovered the greatness of Insta-stories, and I know I am seriously light years behind (I still don't have/really understand snap chat), it is just so fun to get a glimpse into the goings-on of all my e-friends. I'm currently living vicariously through Heather in all things decorative-- and also cracking up-- and am standing in awe of Kathryn and her on-top-of-it-ness. But who am I kidding, I love them all.

2) Speaking of being behind on internet thingys, I have recently fallen in love with memes thanks to my youngest, hippest sister. Here are a few faves (pardon the language from the sources)
I know I am so far behind and have barely scratched the surface of the beautiful online depth of made-up memes, which brings me much joy. Laughs for years.

3) I've been doing some real damage control in the way of eating/postpartum weight loss this last week thanks to a really wonderful date night, a baptism celebration and a super fun superbowl party last weekend, all of which were brimming with fats and sugars and drinks and I am just now feeling like I am recovering. I started the week by shifting my workouts to runs outside because the weather here is positively glorious compared to the freezing grey lands of South Bend. I have to say that the taste of outdoor non-Jillian workouts has spoiled me immensely and getting back to planking in front of the TV is killing me-- why are living room workouts so HARD!?!

4) Mike and I watched the Crown and liked it, but were also fairly bored. We will keep going because I want to be cool, but I do wonder how on earth they are going to fill as many seasons as they have planned. I also wonder if Philip was really as big of a jerk as they portray him. Life's important questions.

5) I know my home decor additions to this blog are entirely under-whelming, and I think I have nailed down my style to Walmart-Chic with a splash of spray-painted goodwill finds, but! That will not stop me from posting pictures of things I've added that I like. Last week I spotted these matching chairs at the Goodwill for $50 a piece and even though I didn't love the print I did like the shape and we really needed 2 chairs to finish off furnishing our family room (which we use most). I waited on getting them and went back a few days later and since they were still there I thought I would try my hand at talking them down on the price, though I had never tried it before at the Goodwill. And it worked! I scored them both for $60 and I love love love that I have a little reading corner now.

I moved the plant from the piano room because it needed more light and I am now in the market for a nice looking, sizeable, (cheap, always cheap) fake plant. I am way better at caring for fake plants.

6) Naomi will be 8 next month and I feel like the right thing to say to that is how "old it makes me feel"-- that's what people say, right?-- but I have to admit that I feel like just as much of a new mom some days as I did when I just had her. I mean, I would like to think that there are fewer mom-tantrums thrown when things are hard, but I feel like I'm still light years away from being where so many other amazing women are.

7) To testify to my utter denseness, here's a little story. Fred has been napping terribly his entire life. Every day I'm all in a tizzy because his naps are so lame and I basically can't get much, if anything, done while he is awake. Then today (nearly 8 months into his baby-life) as I was pouring my 3rd (giant) cup of coffee it finally hit me why my exclusively breastfed baby might be having trouble sleeping during the day-time hours.

And tonight I prepared the very same amount of coffee.




9 comments :

  1. I am glad there are still 7 Quick Takes too. I am in the process of getting a blog together after a 4 year hiatus, but I really miss writing.. I am glad you are still blogging. As far as never nappers.. my now 20 month old hasn't nursed since August and he still naps on rarely despite his lack of cafe lattes... So you just keep drinking that coffee. Since I started homeschooling again.. I drink so much more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your blog! Bring it on back! And you know I am not even close to adjusting my caffiene intake- especially with homeschooling. Solidarity, sister!

      Delete
  2. How many seasons do they have planned of the Crown?? It did drag a little bit but I am also curious if Philip was as cranky as they make him seem. (I'm predisposed to like the actor from Doctor Who, Matt Smith, so I'm less hate-y than most people who seem to really hate his character, but still.) Also my second seems to have a caffeine intolerance and I am muy sad about it since my first didn't. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't hate him, especially because I feel like I have to be going over the top with him. They have six seasons planned! How in the world?!

      Delete
  3. Right there with you with #4! I thought it was okay, but couldn't really understand how much everyone was adoring it. But I can be swayed by the cool kids, so... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, the coffee, so funny! I feel the same way as you do about mommying and i will have a 14 year old this month!! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I only bring this up because you seem to be stressed about #3. Have you heard of Trim Healthy Mama? It's a-mazing. And it works. You can look up Dwija's story at House Unseen, Life Unscripted if you want to see how it works for someone real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have! It sounds so amazing and if I had much more weight I wanted to lose I would totally be on it- I'm back to pre-first pregnancy weight with the exception of last week's crazy eating where I fluctuated up a couple pounds, but no biggy. The thing I stress more about is the workouts-- I really prioritize working out daily but it just gets so monotonous and boring doing the exercise in front of the TV, but again, it's really no biggy, just over using the blog to complain about silly things! 🤗

      Delete