Thursday, December 15, 2011

Skinny Caramel Mocha Americano at home

I sometimes only think of coffee. I have a very nasty habit of "just stopping by starbucks" when we're out and just happening to spend nearly 5 big ones on some drink I probably could have concocted at home.
So knowing this, I often sit and think of how I can make something that I would want to but at the Bucks.
I came up with the "Super Skinny Mocha" not so super and not so skinny when you drink 3 in a day as I have been known to do.
And today I made a little spin off of that only in Americano form.
I like Americanos because there isn't any milk, like in a latte, sometimes milk and me don't get along and they are more mild than straight up coffee. SO here you go.

Skinny Caramel Mocha Americano:
What you'll need-ish:
Espresso coffee, french press (or even better, a real espresso machine!) cocoa and some kind of flavored creamer- this does not just have to be a caramel mocha, you could use any type of flavoring you want, or not even use flavoring and just stick with cocoa and some sugar/sweetener, and lastly some boiling water.
1) Put your scoops of espresso in the French press, for one cup I put 2 tablespoons
this is about how high I fill it
2) Once water is boiling pour into French press and let steep for 3 minutes.

3) Pour boiling water in your mug about 1/2 to 2/3 full, depending on how much espresso you want to put in.

4) Add cocoa powder- used 1 tablespoon, perfect

5) Once coffee has steeped, add it to cup leaving just enough room for cream.

6) Add your favorite flavored creamer, I used this *new* coffeemate one, Caramel Machiato- I am such a sucker when you it comes trying all of their creamers, especially the holiday ones.
Same trusty mug, the only big enough to please me
And there you have it, some tasty Americano action right at home.

No comments :

Post a Comment