Saturday, June 2, 2012

Naomi the comedian

For all of my griping and complaining about her sleep and "high spirited-ness", I do not think that I give due attention to Naomi the comedian. Along with her high spirit comes way more humor and hilarity than I ever thought I would get in a child (also more tantrums, but that is not what this post is about).
 Here are some gems I have managed to remembered from the last few weeks:
 Naomi in the car while out for some errands after sitting and thinking about something for a while:
"Mom, I think we should have a baby camel instead..."
Then ensued a long conversation explaining why it is that human mothers can only have human babies. Then in Old Navy about an hour later, in front of plenty of people, she gives in:
"Ok mom, I guess we can have a human baby". Thanks for the permission, Naomi.
 While sitting with one of her stuffed dogs on the couch Naomi exclaims:
“Oh no, he went German doops everywhere!" (doops is our work for poop, go ahead, poke fun). I asked her what on earth "German doops" was and she answered:
"It means that he ate too many German pancakes and now it is all over the floor”
Me: "ok"

While eating at a pretend restaurant with me and Bernadette in the living room, Naomi suddenly shouts: “Oh no, this restaurant is terrible! There are dinosaurs and gorillas everywhere and they are going to eat us, let’s get out of here!” And runs away.

Last night before bed I walked in her room, Naomi looks at me, chuckles, then in her lowest, fattest voice she sticks out her belly and says:
"Mommy, do you have a big huge belly?"
Me:"yes, I do"


5 comments :

  1. Those are awesome! This week, I have been told that I look like a "ballerina princess" and "mom, you look ter-wible"...ahh kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great once they're really talking and coming up with their own stuff. Blows you away sometimes, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although boys are easier, I think girls are way more creative! She's awesome!

    ReplyDelete