Friday, August 10, 2012

7 more



First: A big, huge, grand, enormous, THANKS to Jen for her unbelievably sweet mention of my small potatoes blog in her Quick Takes today. I'm not going to lie, I am still smiling over it-- I think the girls are wondering if aliens came and abducted their real mother replacing her with a fake, happy, mother: I kid, I kid.

Second: I am kind of jumping out of my skin with excitement over an upcoming kidless day trip to Milwaukee to see my brother and sister-in-law: they are expecting in a month and will be going up to attend her baby shower. I am very proud of keeping up a teeny tiny bit with sewing and making said sister-in-law one of my homemade nursing covers. Nothing says "Congratulations on your new baby!" like an over-sized bib to "Cover those things up!"

Third: Plus I get to pick up my little sister on the way who just got a job outside of Chi-town and so now lives a mere 2 hours away from me. Best ever.
Skinny days with ugly Christmas sweater and sissy Chrissy who now lives close to me (she's the one in the middle)

Fourth: I am very lucky to have a husband who is in school and so works from home almost every single day and will come upstairs to save me from impending insanity when need be. Therefore I feel a leeedle bit guilty for leaving him with the crazies cuties to gallivant all over Illinois and Wisconsin with my sister. Best. Husband. Ever.
trusty, always used couples picture! OMG!


Fifth: I made these cookies yesterday, cutting the recipe in half and only using butter and dark brown sugar instead of regular. They were the very best chocolate chip cookies I have ever tasted. In my life. Promise. Make them. Now.
not my picture, but it sure makes you want to make some doesn't it? doesn't it?


Sixth: We have taken to AWESOME fort making here during these rainy days. This is the view from my perch as I type.
Yeah, I am pretty good.
Seventh: My children are loud and crazy and I need to be done. The end, peace out.
 Go see Jen for more!

6 comments :

  1. "Nothing says "Congratulations on your new baby!" like an over-sized bib to "Cover those things up!"

    LOL... you should put that on the card.

    We've also taken to fort building, just in time to save the scrap of sanity I have left waiting for the new baby. Anything to keep my heathens..er..angels preoccupied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How bad of a mother does it make me that I will go out of my way to distract kids from indoor fort making? Five kids collaborating on a fort is far, far more than the sum of its parts.

    No. There's no way to spin this. I'm just a cold hearted mom.
    But maybe I'll make those cookies you linked to and it'll offset my cruel fortless ways....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that on Jen's blog this morning! What a Catholic mommy blogger wouldn't give for a little nod from Jen :) Kudos to you-does!

    Jenna
    callherhappy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. so happy you got a shout-out!
    though i try to convince myself that i blog solely to have a place to put all those pics i take, inside it's really just because i want fame like yours.
    bravo, ana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You better not start charging because then I'll have no choice but to pay and my hubby will CRY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOSH IS ANA GOING TO START CHARGING?
      Dangit.
      Ana will you take coupons? What if those coupons were made by my children? Would that work?

      Delete