Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Toddlers talk



We spent the better part of the morning on a really important Target trip, on the way home from which Bernadette threw the loooooooooooooooooooooongest tantrum ever. The said toddler finally calmed down and disappeared for a much desired quiet spurt. I asked Naomi where Bernadette was since they had previously been playing together.

Naomi said: "She is playing in your purse"
Me: "Well that is not ok, are you sure she is playing in my purse?"
Naomi: "Well, it may be that she is doing some very important work in your purse..."
Me: "I don't think that is possible"
Naomi: (planting her hands firmly on my shoulders, looking intensely into my eyes): "Can you just trust me?"
 Me: (after I stopped laughing) "No"
 We then went to find Bernadette playing in my purse.

 And now Bernadette keeps on talking about putting tiny babies in microwaves. Great.

5 comments :

  1. ha. let's find a padded cage with food and drink to throw her and Julia in until they are like babysitting age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Can you just trust me?"

    Oh God, the teenager she is going to be... (prayerfully spoken)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny! I've had many similar conversations with my 4 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! I think it was the hands on the shoulders/intense gaze that got me :)

    ReplyDelete