Wednesday, October 3, 2012

It's my burtday!!

Bernadette might be the sweetest sight to see today as we celebrate 2 years of her life.
When Mike walked into her room this morning, she was just sitting up in her crib announcing, "It's my burtday!!" I am thoroughly impressed with the fact that she always remembers how old she is turning when you ask her. Naomi still has to check with me sometimes when people ask her.
The highlight of the day was the cake that I managed to mash together. Every time I asked her what she wanted for her birthday for the past few weeks, the response was universally "my cake". So here it is, in the poorly-made flesh. It's a castle cake in case you were still sitting and wondering.

We started the day bright and early with the best donuts in the entire world, a South Bend treasure.

Then moved on to gift openning




She seriously squealed in some sort of delight as we handed her each present and then proceeded to say "Sank You!!!" unprompted after every. single. one. She also said "Is it possible?" while opening a few... no doubt she picked that up from dramatic elder sis.

Her favorite gift was a whole bunch of different animal sets given by Mike's parents, you can see some of her reaction here.

And we were surprised by some afternoon gift opening thanks to Grammy and Gramps Homol, including her very first pair of real live jeggings!! 
When she opened this she exclaimed, "OH... GREEN!"



We had a lovely birthday lunch of qusedillas and sour cream followed by the long awaited cake-eating:
Which did NOT disappoint even a little.

Her birth was not what we had planned out by any means and we've gone through some tough times with her entrance into toddler-hood, but I am now sitting and looking at her watching her favorite movie, wondering what the heck I ever did to deserve such an amazingly sweet, beautiful, unique little person as my own. I love love love you Beezie. 





12 comments :

  1. Aww, so sweet. BUT I have one minor qualm. Best donuts in the area? Pretty sure you can find 'em at the West End Bakery. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Bernadette!! And Ana, I love the cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Is it possible?" Haha, that is so cute! Happy Bday big girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bernadette is impossibly cute--yes, that is possible..haha! I have to say, knowing her age so early is pretty impressive =). I can't say I knew mine by then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is such a doll. Glad you could celebrate her special day before going to the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Burtday, Bernadette! I hope everything you wish for really is possible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say that as a Mom of 4 boys, I highly enjoy the pictures of all the pink, purple, princess girly stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Bernadette!
    Great cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ana,

    I've been reading your blog for some time now (you hooked me with those super creative St. Nicholas cookies you made some time ago), and I love, love, love seeing snippets of South Bend as they pop up in your blog (You're so right about Stone's Old-Fashioned Doughnuts, by the way. Definitely a treasure!). In a way, you and I have switched places. My husband and I spent our first year of marriage in South Bend and then moved to Steubenville (okay, Weirton) so I could get my Master's at Franciscan.

    Thanks for posting so often--your girls are adorable and your stories are so entertaining. And Happy Birthday to Bernadette--it looks like she had a super fun day!

    Oh, and my husband says I should tell you to check out the South Bend Farmer's Market, if you haven't already--another South Bend treasure, especially since it's open year round. We miss it terribly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Is it possible?" Dying of cute.

    Oh, and Ceci has a pair of jeggings and I would make her wear them daily if she would quit peeing in them. They are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete