Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tell me how you really feel

I have vowed to myself that I will not complain about much Mike has been working in preparation for these damn exams, leaving me to do most of the child care and shop online all by myself in the evening. So I won't. Because it really isn't that bad.

What is bad is the pending doom that is awaiting me in the form of potty training the resident 2-year-old. I have included way too many details in way too many posts with all the gory, poopy details of how it went down with Naomi, which I had to restrain from actually reading just now as I am pretty sure that this would cause me to go ahead and throw in the towel and keep her in diapers until college.

faker; that's better
I am currently taking a little break from my titillating toilet tales and hoping against all hope that maybe, just maybe, Bernadette is just not ready yet and that I can justifiably give myself another month or two. Probably not. She probably is ready. But I just don't think I can do it again...

10 comments :

  1. NOOOOOOooOoOooooOoOOOOOooo if you do it I'll feel EXTRA guilty. I was going to wait 2 years till Simon's not a resident anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAAAAAAAHAAA!! We put Elena in her "princess unerwear" and she pranced around all night. And that was it. It was exhausting, I was stressed about pee everywhere, and she never pee'd in the potty (just held it???).

    I'm done. DIAPERS FOREVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. I convinced myself that the key was leeeetle steps. Like, miniscule. One week we bought a potty. The next week we read a book about using the potty. Sometime close to a year after the exhausting process began, he is potty trained and almost three years old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are in the midst of it this week (since my husband is in the midst of his Spring Break and this is totally a two person job). You are 100% justified in waiting until after comps to start the misery known as potty training ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the pain! I put off Maggie until 1 month before she turned 3, but Clare is ready. Now. She tells me when she is going teetee in her diaper and asks me if she can sit on the potty. I just don't want to do it. I hate it with a passion!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! Good luck! Potty training is evil!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, potty training is the pits. I'm thinking since you're going to homeschool anyway (meaning no rush to get them trained for school) then you should just let them do it when they are older. I have to train my kids before they are 3 so they can go to preschool so I can work and stop paying daycare - and that is a big stressor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm giving you a big cheer from Atlanta! You can do it, yes you can!! I potty trained 4 boys - you can do one easy girl!! And think how happy you will be with only on in diapers. That all being said, I agree, potty training is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just scrap it. Scrap the mission. I've thrown my hands in the air. The twins will be three in May, and they refuse to potty train. I'm sending them to college in pullups.

    ...however, if you're successful, I'm sending them to your house to stay. I'll pay a handsome sum, if you send them back trained.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe this will help things swirl down smoothly - I nominated you and yours for a Liebster Award - http://beaninloveblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-awards.html
    I know you've already been nominated but I thought I'd pack on some more work and pressure to accept, thereby taking the excess pressure off potty-training. You are welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete