Sunday, May 5, 2013

What I Wore Solo Sunday

We were cautiously pessimistic about this Sunday after last week's Mass debacle and after a late night last night for the girls and an extra-early morning, plenteous complaining about sore throats and several never-ending tantrums, we decided to play our cards right and split up for our respective Sunday obligations.

This meant I was in my Mass garb almost all day since I was all set to go at noon, then it was postponed for a during nap-time Mass, then further postponed until around dinner time.

This wouldn't have mattered as much if I hadn't pulled my lone black maxi-skirt from the dirty laundry, and not from the top of it. I'm sure all parties sitting anywhere close to me at Mass wondered where on earth they were selling the scent "Un-showered Homeless Lady", I think you can get it at Sharper Image.

But I made sure to sit in a pew by myself and not breath through my nose too much.
It wasn't actually that bad, the stench that is.

And you like the balled up dirty paper towel in my hand? It's my attempt at fresh accessorizing, I am always thinking outside the fashion box.

It was really nice to get to Mass ALONE. Really, really nice. Mike was an all-star yet again watched all the tiny females to let me have free-arms for the hour.

Dad of the year, for sure.

Have a splendid Sunday evening and an non-horrendous beginning to the week!
And today head over to Mandi at MWBL for this week's Sunday Best line-up.

7 comments :

  1. Don't you just love maxi skirts? I want one like yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful necklace!
    Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am familiar with the "pull the item of clothing from the laundry I haven't gotten to" move. My febreeze and I are good friends. :) I do love the paper towel, though I'm loving the painted nails more! Mine look more like remnants of an old fresco right now. Here's hoping you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Been there done that and got the t-shirt. now I need to wash it all! you look great nonetheless and you got a serious happy holy hour at Mass. Bonus!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. model.

    caps lock that -- MODEL.

    I feeel you. Mass with one baby on Sat night --- spa day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That outfits is super flattering and goes really well with your glasses (it that weird to say?) I've been really hoping to find a nice maxi skirt, but they are either too long (I'm a shortie) or too expensive. So I'll just live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete