Linking up with sweet Jen for some quick takes!
1) I think it is safe to say that I am in a total funk and have lost the blogging bug that I am usually infested with (such a gross analogy!!). But seriously, I don't even know. I think it may be from reading Kelly Mantoan's blog because I love it so much and no longer want to even try to write anything because it will never make me as happy as reading her blog makes me. Kelly, is that weird? I know it is, but it's true. Every time a post from This Ain't the Lyceum pops up I am instantly in a better mood. I no longer need to blog, only to read. And only Kelly's blog.
2) In addition to just wanting to read Kelly's blog, I am suffering from blogger's block and a total lack of any motivation to do anything but sit on the couch and eat chocolate cheerios. It is really hard to blog while eating chocolate cheerios. I am working on some sort of contraption which would feed them to me while I type and when the prototype is ready you will most likely see me on Shark Tank. Although you may not recognize me due to the 200 pounds of chocolate cheerio chub I will most certainly have put on by that point. The other reason for my funk is...
2) Mike's jaunt to Boston
Kelly's blog, 2) tracking Mike's flights on United's website or 3) watching Parks and Rec while eating chocolate cheerios. I told you, no motivation.
3) Since I acted like Mike was going to be gone for a fortnight instead of 2 nights, we made him some signs to welcome him home and give him a crafty pat on the back for all his hard interviewing work (despite how the signs read, we do not know whether he actually got the job). Bernadette refused to color any of the signs with letter's that I made
and instead insisted on playing cartographer and drawing a "map of Boston". Her concentration was really impressive as was the outcome:
4) Speaking of Bernadette, I am having some issues with convincing her of possible names for our newest addition and it's getting pretty intense. Her hatred of my favorite girl name led to her make an imaginary call to the police station asking them to come outlaw the name I like and take me to jail if I use it. I asked her if she had any alternatives for the baby if it is a girl and she said:
So we are getting no where.
5) And still on the topic of the feisty second born, I love her and cherish her and do not know what my life would be like without her, but golly gee I am really excited to have a 2 day break from her record breaking tantrum throwing. I am leaving tomorrow for a short 2 day trip to my home town to celebrate my wonderful dad's birth and not taking any children. I know I am repressing how hard it is going to be for me to be away from them, but after the 15th tantrum before 9 a.m. this morning I was yearning for the 6 hour car trip sans emotional melt downs more than anything. It will be delightful.
6) While I have been neglecting any post writing here on the bloggy, I have not altogether forgotten it's presence and even updated my "About" page the other day AND finally made a page all its own for the many blogs I read, appropriately entitled "Blog Roll". And as always, there is ad space available, I have lowered the cost per ad and if you're interested in a swap, email me!
7) Last and best, my wonderful friend Sarah, who I always reference here on la blog had her 3rd sweet baby this week, isn't he the cutest?