Monday, January 12, 2015

VLOG it out

Alright I did it, I VLOGed. I am pretty sure video taping yourself and calling it a blog post is the thing that makes you a *legit* blogger. Just kidding, I don't actually think that.

I know I said that it was a 10 minute hair style job, but after a few mornings of actually timing it it came out for more like 5, which I didn't think any of you would mind. The one thing I have to apologize for, other than my awkwardness and the fact that half the time I am barely in the video due to baby pacification, is that in the end my hair is not actually "curly" by any means, but really just wavy- sorry for the false advertizement. However, I do think that you could use the general technique to do tight curls with your hair, if you had more time and used some product, but I have neither of those things. I know the video itself is 13 minutes, but if you time the hair style itself, it's about 5- I promise! If you're interested in my 30 second makeup roundup, I blogged that here, no video included, you're welcome. Without further ado, my first ever (and hopefully last ever) VLOG of my 5 minute hair style routine.

14 comments :

  1. I never comment but that was awesome!! Such a quick and easy way and your hair looks great! Also, you're hilarious :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hairstyling tips, but ohmygoodness! You're so pretty! More than I realized from pictures. And you have a nice speaking voice. My 3 year old and I enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Can't beat a five minute hair routine for real life, definitely gonna try this, thanks Ana :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool to hear your voice! And your hair is really gorgeous...and five minutes...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. You are hilarious!! I curl my hair literally the exact same way every day, just instead with a one-year-old I'm trying to box out from the sink area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the baby pacification and I totally needed a new hair style trick. This is awesome and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally going to start curling away from my face because whenever I curl I feel like a TV newscaster with a fake tan... awesome vlog fussy baby and all..

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was great! Joseph is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun hearing your voice and you are a gorgeous mama! Love the hairstyling tip. I mostly do this for Mass but maybe I should start shooting more for daily. Thanks for the tips and now inspiration to be just a tad more put together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much! This was awesome! :) I love baby Joseph's appearance as well. Now I think you have motivated me to actually do my hair! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am an attorney and mom to three. I use this method for fast, presentable hair on the daily. However, I have to give you kudos (am I dating myself with that word) for your tip about curling away from your face. I used that tip this morning in my mad dash out the door for a 9am hearing after having been up all night with a puker. Despite the blustery morning, my hair moved away from my face instead of into my lip gloss. Very impressive! You are adorable and I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for posting this! I also have long and thick hair and I am horrible with a curling iron but I feel like this is totally doable! I have been in a hair rut since I had my first baby and I am happy to have something to try out tomorrow that won't take an hour (how long it usually takes me to curl my hair).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for the great tips! I too have long, thick hair, and it mostly ends up in a wet bun because it takes forever to dry and style. I tried the wash at night and braid trick + the morning air dry, then curl. I felt pretty and I received a couple of comments on my hair - all thanks to your VLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have hair like yours and despair of doing anything with it in winter due to frizz. And in summer with all the heat. Ok, so i hardly ever do my hair. But this worked, took less than 10 minutes, and looked good. Fun to see and hear you too.

    ReplyDelete