Friday, July 27, 2012

Quick, boring, takes

Joining Jen and others for some quick takes to round up our week thus far.
I will warn you now, the boredom from reading may kill you.

1) One of my 2 besties here in the Bend moved far far away yesterday (I know, way to start the quick takes off on a bright note, Ana, you're the best!). But it's pretty much the main piece of news I've got for the week, and has left me only 96% down in the dumps, not too bad. I plan on writing a little homage to her at some point, but I am assuming that will require some actual thought and that it maybe shouldn't be written while fending the girls off with my feet. So, it may take a while.
I'm going to be fine


2) On that note, the interview process for a new best friend has commensed, I have written up a few criteria that I plan on sending out int he local news papers. Here are a few:
WANTED: A NEW BEST FRIEND. Must have:
  • a cheerie disposition
  • rosie cheeks
  • be willing to play games
  • no warts
  • never cross or cruel
  • are you catching on?
3) As a result of these recent sad occurances, I have been eating away my sorrows, as well as patting myself on the back for a job well done, with these little PUPPIES. Seriously, why did it take me so long to look up a recipe for oven-less chocolate chip cookies, it is JUST LIKE EATING COOKIE DOUGH. What could be better?
VIA
Now I must give the disclaimer that I substitute every even remotely healthy ingredient in this recipe for the unhealthy variety: all I can say is if you do that you will not be disappointed. I cannot speak for the healthy form of the recipe, but I know is my gut tells me that chocolate chip cookies should never try to be healthy. the end

4) We're having some fam-a-lam come to town in a few days, which means it is time for some of my semi-annual house cleaning, which I have motivation to do only when comparing it to the motivation I have for the alternate activity of working out. There is NOTHING I want to to less than to work out. Why?

5) Um, maybe because, since it only ever rains here or is so humid that you cannot breath and are left pealing your own skin off, that makes it so that going for our little morning jaunts is no longer a possibility. This leaves me with only one other workout option here to be done in the house. Which is pretty much like throwing yourself into a lion cage every morning.

So I chose to clean.

6) I am a whopping 27 weeks pregnant now, with no belly pictures for you, because you will be utterly convinced that I have my due date wrong and am in fact a full 40. Let's just say I am somewhere between this:
And this:

So maybe next week.

7) We are celebrating the triumphant return of QUINCY THE BEE! this week. A long lost family friend/pet who has come back a larger, hairier, totally different bee. The short explanation: dead bees make excellent house pets. The link above will provide much more explanation.
I will leave you with a not-so-quick video showcasing some of the excitement on his return:

6 comments :

  1. I'm afraid you're a little confused, since Kate Hudson actually looks somewhere between you and the elephant. Lucky me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video, oh my gosh. So hysterical...I love it! What we do for our kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm relieved, in a way, that the postal system for bee's is also as unreliable as ours :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL have I mentioned that you crack me up and brighten my day with your posts? Poor Nate is getting sick of me laughing and interrupting him every five seconds to read him part of your posts....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do you use in place of the "healthy" stuff in the recipe? Specifically, the coconut oil? Butter? I'm dying to make those - and won't do the healthy stuff either.....!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious! Can we come meet Quincy soon? Mike is super talented, and you both are obviously lots of fun. We will definitely be inviting you guys to our next party :)

    ReplyDelete