Wednesday, August 29, 2012

32 week alteration

I had high hopes for this pregnancy with regards to sewing.  I had seen a lot of do-it-yourself maternity clothes websites before getting pregnant and had also seen other talented folk do up some really cute maternity pieces (I hate saying "pieces", but my brain couldn't come up with a better word).

However, since pregnancy has ended up being a time of survival for me, I have just been trying to get through it. I enjoy all sorts of fabulous moments throughout, and even enjoy being pregnant at times, but for the most part when the girls are sleeping or playing happily, I am either sleeping or sitting on the couch. 

And so it is with great pride that I give you my one, lone alteration so far this pregnancy.

I found these sweet motherhood full panel XL maternity jeans this past weekend at a Goodwill 50% off-of-everything-sale and decided I would go for it.
I was just thrilled that they didn't actually fit, meaning I am not as XL as I thought I was.

I thoroughly enjoy the full panel because I feel like it helps the pants fall down less, and I also wanted another pair of skinny jeans. If I can't be skinny right now, at least my jeans can.

I wasn't sure how it would work with taking the butt/waist area in and in the end only a teeny bit of the pocket was sacrificed. I think the finished product was well worth it.

 I don't know what I am looking at, but this adequately captured the alteration, and at least someone is looking

And this one adequately captures the 32 belly picture. And veeeeeeeeery awkward leg lift. I was trying to use the leg to help hold the 30lb child.
To answer the question burning in your brains: was it actually cool enough to be wearing that outfit? NO!
But the weather has yet to cool the H down enough to catch up to my not-small-enough-to-wear-tank-tops-anymore arms, so this is what you get.

Happy 32 weeks!


14 comments :

  1. You look so cute! Hopefully it will cool down enough to wear them soon. I am avoiding leaving the house since I don't have shorts that fit anymore and it's too effing hot not to have them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man. Those are some cute jeans! And the cardigan is killing me! I'd wear that now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe those are the same jeans! You are an alterations master! I am getting so sick of my preggo clothes, but with 4 weeks to go, I can't bring myself to spend any more $$. Wish I had the time (oh and ability!) to alter some things I already own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look awesome! I've tried to alter jeans a couple of times with no luck, you've got the touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ANA!!! they look awesome...mainly bc you look awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im so jealous -- amazing. you look so good ---

    all glowified!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you wear those hot pants to your next appt with Dr. moron.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great! You need to show me how to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You amaze me my friend! Can you come down here and give me some sewing lessons?!?
    P.S. You are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its not the weather, it's you that's hot!! You make pregnancy look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute!! I am so inept at sewing that I am in awe of anyone who does.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute!! You are so talented and everytime I see your cute pregnancy outfits I get motivation to get my act together and get dressed! This baby will be born in the exact same pajama shorts I've been wearing the entire time - ha!!

    ReplyDelete