1) I didn't post yesterday because Mike's been getting up with the girls in the a.m. It just so happens that, while Lucy has a super sweet disposition, she is an absolutely horrendous sleeper. Not because she is awake at night. No, she does sleep: but ONLY on the condition that I sleep right next to her and listen to her grunt all. night. long.
2) What do you mean by "grunt", you asked? You didn't? Well I will tell you. She will fall asleep, sleep for 10-30 minutes peacefully and then make the loudest, most animal-like sounds I have ever heard until she passes some gas then she will sleep for another 30ish minute stint. You never knew it was possible for a child to make such noises in her sleep and stay asleep, but really she only stays asleep if I am right there. So.... I will stop.
3) So why did Mike getting up with the girls mean I didn't post my quick takes? Well, this morning I let him sleep and it is now 7:53 a.m. and I am already on #3. Also, I woke up late yesterday and got a message from a friend that she and others were meeting in 1 hour for a museum play date and I was not about it miss that. So I got all 4 of us ready and out the door in under an hour (no medals have been awarded. yet.)
|At the museum canoeing|
|on her second outing of the day.|
6) Every time I try to lose weight, something stands in my way. After I had Bernadette it was the fact that I coped with post-pregnancy hormones and being stuck in the house all day with baking copious amounts of pumpkin rolls, cookies and pumpkin muffins. Then I ate them all. Now it is this stuff:
|Yes, it says what you think it says.|
7) Bernadette has been spending more and more time having long conversations with Lucy, reading her book after book, and gifting her with every toy she can find. It's really sweet, except when she almost crushes her with all her body weight during a overly affectionate hug.
Here she is showing Lucy her newly painted toe nails:
|Have you ever seen such an enthralled baby?|
I hope you are all satisfied, I know I am.
I'm sure you've already been over to Jen's to see the others. Go again.