Sunday, March 10, 2013

WIWS (rock the font edish)

My new little nephew, and now godson, Leo Gregory (son of Hannah) was baptized today and I was sufficiently under-dressed for occasion.

Seriously, I am the worst at not dressing up when I am supposed to and the best at dressing up when I'm not supposed to. I suppose I'll blame the old pregnancy brain like always, that's always the best thing to do.

I don't know, I had a dress on. Then I changed. Then I saw what Mike was going to wear and realized that I looked like I was just going to the mall, so then I tried to change again but by that point we should have been in the car and the entrance hymn had probably already begun.

So I left my mall garb on and just tried to own it.
sorry, I had to

So that's that. An underwhelming outfit for a very overwhelming event. It was really beautiful
And now he's a little Christian!!

Like you care:
Booties: same as always
Tights: the store
Skirt: Urban Outfitters at least 8 years ago
Tank: Old Navy
Sweater: Target
Scarf: Homemade
Earrings: Target

Now for some good old fashion family time with grandparents and uncles and cake!
Stop over at FLAP for more!

13 comments :

  1. Totally works, the scarf kicks it solidly into dressy!
    Congrats to all on the new godson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the word "garb" and you look totally appropriately fancy. No worries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your fam! You definitely look apropos. I love the (infinity?) scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I love your outfit! Simple and classy :) I have a sort-of-similar skirt from Target and now I want to style it like this...

    Congrats on the baptism!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you look wonderfully dressed. Funny story - there are no photos below the waist of my baptism because it was a spur of the moment affair before my godparents moved away and my grandparents were in town. All of my godparents dress clothes were packed away already so they were in shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's true, the scarf kicks it up a notch. And you've got one godson free from original sin, so the day was a win overall :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look very appropriate. The scarf is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you look perfectly dressed for a winter (and Lenten) Baptism! Congrats on being godparents :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't this the second baptism you've shown for WIWS, or am I thinking of someone else? I think your outfit is completely appropriate. The scarf really softens up the look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on being a Godmother!!
    Second - you look lovely, love the scarf. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. you look totally cute and approp
    2. if you're really worried, you can just play it off as you didn't want to outshine the little guy on his bag day. duh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You totally are appropriate! Or I'm bad at dressing up, but let's go with the first one. I love the scarf, the color is perfect for you!

    Congrats on your little godson! Maybe it's all the papal hype these days, but his name immediately made me think of popes Leo and Gregory. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. With all that build up I was expecting you in, I dunno, short shorts or something! What you're wearing is very nice!

    ReplyDelete