Thursday, April 25, 2013

theme thursday sky party

I am pretty pumped that I can finally link-up with Mrs. Donaldson of Clan Donaldson for her nifty Theme Thursday photography link-up.

I have mentioned it before, but my current camera is the pits. It really does stink. But I used to have a bitchin camera that took bitchin pictures that I stupidly gave away to my dad in exchange for a smaller, crappier camera (I am still working on convincing him to trade back).

However, I lucked out that Cari chose a theme for today that I could dig through my old pictures for and have a plethora to choose from! Why do I have so many to choose from, you ask? (you asked!) Because I love, love, LOVE sky pictures. Well, I just love the sky in general-- all things sky related I love. Do you get it? I love the sky! Enough, Ana.

So I am choosing 3 from my plethora that win even though I do not know if that is allowed. Sorry if I am breaking the rules, Cari!

Is it just me, or are there an annoying number of exclamation points in this post? Also rhetorical questions. Could I change it? I won't!!

The first is from an evening in Rome outside the Vatican while I was there in 2004:


The Second was taken in the parking lot of Our Lady of the Angels right outside of Assisi, Italy.


And the third was taken from Mike's grandparent's Colorado mountain cabin.


In all three I feel like the sky is competing with something: the fountain, ugly street lights, the mountains- and ultimately winning, because the sky rocks.

Okay, that's all I have for you. Head over to Cari's for more sky pictures! Now. 

12 comments :

  1. LOVE that third picture!!! The clouds are awesome and the mountains - so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I see skies like these I just want to start reciting Hopkins' : "The world is charged with the grandeur of God ..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absoluteky stunning, truly. The water droplets! Aaaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first photo, with the water droplets is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right, the sky always wins! That first picture is my fave, there is a great story lurking there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at the mountains...oh that fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first picture is so freaking artsy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That first picture makes my heart sing! I studied in Rome for four months and walked by that skyline almost every day, often around sundown. I miss it!

    Christie @ Everything to Someone

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures. I think the first one is my favorite. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm....Colorado sky!! I am missing the Rockies today! I am loving all the sky photos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa! Incredible photos! The mountains are my fave, but they are all really lovely.

    ReplyDelete