Sunday, April 14, 2013

What I Ate and Wore Sunday

I awoke this morning and realized that we had no milk. Well, we did have milk, but the beloved grocery store that I frequent on the weekly happens to have the very worst milk in the history of milk and so even though it was days ahead of it's targeted expiration date, it already had a pungent stank and tasted like boootay. And the gorcery store only sells its own brand of milk, like no Deans or anything, just the Meijer brand. So stupid.

Anyways, since the only thing the girls ever eat in the morning is multiple bowls of cereal and I am still very much half asleep during the breakfast hour and this morning found me with throbbing migraine and no prepared coffee I was not a happy camper about the milklessness. I would have offered them some of my own, but I am not a creep.

Anywho, it turns out that the lack of milk was rather fortuitous since I was forced to find something I could throw together quickly and that they would actually eat. And since we DID have yogurt, I went ahead and googled "yogurt pancakes" because I was not in the mood to fight either and you will never ever have to fight with my progency to eat cakes of pan. This is the longest lead-up to a friggin recipe and it's probably the case that everybody and their mother already knows how amazing yogurt pancakes are and makes them every day. But since I am bringing it up the rear on knowing about it, I thought I'd share with anyone who is late to the game with me. Without further rrambling, I give you yogurt pancakes

Recipe and photo courtesy of Taste of Home





  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups plain yogurt (I used vanilla and omitted the sugar)
  • 1/4 cup water 
    Mix it up and do the pancake thing.
    ---
    And now for what I wore, which was not nearly as delicious as the pancakes:

    First the standard close-up in front of the neighbor's house:

    Then the from the side, because I can sense that you like the predictability:

    I haven't given you one of the white washed with added contrast photos in a while, so there you go.

    I found this nice little green skirt (WITH POCKETS) on major clearance at Target the other day and and I was happy to find something I can wear with my favorite Gap belt.

    The Cat in the Hat and that's that. FLAP it up for more.
    Have a great Sunday.

  • 13 comments :

    1. I totally thought you were going to say that you woke up in the morning and made your whole outfit and I was like, "WHAT THE WHAT HOW DOES SHE HAVE TIME FOR THAT???"

      Pancakes makes more sense.

      Also you look cute and I love that skirt.

      And also Target makes me so sad. My husband said we had to stop shopping there last year for the same reason - it's hard in the beginning but gets a lot easier, but is still so sad!

      ReplyDelete
    2. You are the cutest ever. That skirt is killer. :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Pretty soon, we won't be able to leave the house and shop anywhere. Ugh.

      ReplyDelete
    4. That is one scrumptious looking breakfast and cute looking outfit! My favorite style: simple and pretty. Happy Lord's day!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Oh. My. I LOVE that skirt. A sweet white shirt tucked into a relaxed skirt is probably one of my favorite looks ever!

      Yours Truly,

      Inspired

      ReplyDelete
    6. HUGE Kudos for cooking with a migraine, I think at that point I would have sent the husband out for coffee and asked him to bring breakfast back for the kids.

      Great outfit, love the cardigan!

      ReplyDelete
    7. I, like Rosie, thought you were going to say you made your outfit this morning and was feeing pretty inadequate. Then again, you made breakfast from scratch in the midst of stanky milk drama, so still feeling pretty lazy with our graham crackers in milk pre-Mass snack. Oh well. :)

      By the by, I hadn't heard of yogurt pancakes, so thank you! Sounds relatively easy....

      ReplyDelete
    8. Great outfit; I especially love the color and style of your skirt!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Lookin' good, Ana! I JUST found a similar Target skirt at Goodwill, almost the same color. Seems like they improved the design tho, because mine doesn't have belt loops or pockets.

      ReplyDelete
    10. Love that skirt! And the recipe sounds good. I never woulda thought to use yogurt.

      ReplyDelete
    11. When I read the title I thought the food wound up *on* your clothes which is why it was a twofer post. Very glad that that was not the case. Love the skirt with the belt. But I must admit to being creeped out by "bootay tasting milk". I need to go check some items in my fridge now.

      ReplyDelete
    12. The skirt has the belt loops RIGHT ON IT. Ehrmagherd. Fave.

      ReplyDelete
    13. Will have to try those pancakes - I just discovered the pioneer woman's sour cream pancakes. Delish!

      ReplyDelete