Friday, September 14, 2012

takes for sale

One) Naomi had her second "atrium" or Catechesis of the Good Shepherd "class" yesterday, which meant a one-and-a-half-hour chunk of quality time with my littler female. Although she begs to stay with Naomi at "atwium," I know she really loves the time with me.



Two) We ventured over to a local eye-wear store, which promises to be fast with your new specs. Last time I went there I know it took them at least a week to get me my new eyegear. They run this special where you get 2 pairs for $60 with the exam, yadayada.... I went in at 9:30 with Bernadette and had my new glasses on by noon. And, as opposed to the last time I went there, I actually really like my glasses this time.
Those are not the glasses I purchased. I liked them, but they fit better on Bernadette's head than mine.

Three) Now I can go ahead and have this baby any time, since I have cute glasses to wear in all my hospital room pictures. #Notvainatall.

Four) Speaking of having this baby, while at dinner with some friends last night, I got to talking to the wife/mom about when she went into labor with her second baby, and the heavens opened with shining new hope for me as we talked: She had him at 35 weeks, everything was fine, he was totally healthy, and so was she. That would mean I could be DONE being pregnant by next week. And a tear of joy slowly rolls down my cheek. Just the fact that this is a possibility fills my heart with laughter and joy of the merriest kind.
**Also, said friends fed us delicious pizza and brownies-- neither of which I had to make myself-- new favorite friends.

Five) So I am 34 weeks along and managed to snap a spectacularly blurry picture with photobooth since my camera is currently dead- you get the idea:

with new glasses and my shiny new jorts

Six) Today is the feast day of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross. Naturally, this has left me toying with the idea of a trip to our favorite grocery store/cafe for the special coffee and donuts. Because this is most certainly what Christ wants us to take from the cross- coffee and donuts. Nothing like, you know, going to Mass or going to pray. Just celebrating with donuts.

"Glazed be with you." "And with your spirit!"
Hmm, sacrilegious? or sacrilicious?

Seven) Now I am off to clean the most disgusting toilet in the Midwest. Probably more fitting for commemorating the passion than indulging myself with deep fried dough doused in glaze.

Go see GRACE-- this Friday's special quick takes hostess-- for some more!

18 comments :

  1. let me be the fist to say that you are rockin' those jorts! I may also be known to rock some too. ;) Seriously though you look amazing! Love that belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glazed be with you!!!!!!!!!!!!! aHAHAHHAAAAA!!!!! You look fantastic - 100% belly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who are your friends and how can I convince them to be my friends and feed me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute! I know you don't feel that way, but you do. My best friend just had her baby this week - 39 weeks. She tried the old wives' tale and ate some eggplant parmesan Sunday night. Water broke on Monday. I'm just saying......!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "sacrilicious" made me laugh aloud. love your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah. you look so great -- glasses and bump!! love it all.

    total donut solidarity from here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought you were going to say something along the lines that taking your kids to the grocery store is a little via dorosa (it is for me!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great at 34 weeks! And I'm pretty sure Jesus likes donuts, so you're good there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, yes that "sacrilicious" doughnut is hilarious! I pretty much love your outfit--that pink is your color for sure, and those glasses are lovely! I can't believe how big Bernadette is getting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we could come up with a feast worthy of coffee and donuts EVERY DAY. There are a lot of good saints that just don't get the attention they deserve. For example, next week's feasts include St. Flocellus, St. Hygbald, St. Goeric of Metz, St. Candida and St. Hieu. That's five days of donuts right there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. glazed be with you...HAHA! too funny! And you look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol I vote sacrilicious!!!! Jorts are totally acceptable on women :).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tears! Tears from all the funny!

    You are a lovely pregnant lady.

    Always so happy when I stop here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't want to steal your hope, but I had baby #2 at 35 weeks and the NICU was the traumatic thing I've ever dealt with. (Sure, I've had an easy life. But still.)

    Enjoy a sacrilicious donut.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for introducing me to the term "sacrilicious".

    ReplyDelete
  16. A new word to my mental dictionary: sacrilicious. Why, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my laws! I laughed so hard! You, my friend, are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello! I'm visiting your fantastically hilarious (scrilicious??? SCREAM!!) blog my recommendation of my friend Cynthia at Finding Great Joy. I am a new follower, and look forward to keeping up with all your good stuff!!
    ~Susan www.solesearchingmamma.com

    ReplyDelete