And... we're back.
I decided to do the whole "no blogging during holy week" thing and I think Mike put it best when he said:
"What? You gave up blogging for holy week? No wonder it's been such a terrible week..."
Yup, that about sums it up. I mean, it was good. And maybe even semi to mildly "holy", but it definitely made me realize how much I love the heck out of blogging. And alcohol. I gave that up for the week too. I know, I am a saint.
So I am not missing out on this Sunday's linkaroo with all you lovely ladies and co-hosted by the lovliest, Grace. Here's what Easter morning found me in:
It's kind of an anti-Easter attire with next to no white or color save the dots in my new favorite, longed for polka dot shirt care of my fabulous sister-in-law (who also gets credit for snapping that practically profesh photo above) and the teal necklace which was totally broken before this morning and barely salvaged during the car ride to Mass.
The whole thing is from target but the shoes and necklace- they're both thrifted.
This morning also found me:
- helping the girls search long and hard (5minutes tops) for their Easter baskets (hid in the easiest places to find ever)
- turning 28
- cooking a fat ham
- and potatoes
- and a carrot cake
- all before Mass
We're having a fabulous time hanging out with my little brother and his wife and their son, the most adorable, agreeable little baby boy in the world- he puts Lucy to shame.
I am off to eat donuts, have a fabulous Easter!

You are beautiful! Happy Easter and happy 28!!
ReplyDeletegorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteI didn't like that you stopped blogging either.
never again. punishment for all - not just you.
and belated happy birthday! I'm sorry I missed it!
The teal makes it Easter-y :P Happy Birthday and Happy Easter :) And I just have to say that your glasses are awesome! The frames are such a great shape :)
ReplyDeleteOh I love the polka dots! I hope 28 treats you well(:
ReplyDeleteLove the polka dots! Glad you're back from your break!
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter and 28th! :)
Happy Easter & Happy Birthday!!
ReplyDeleteVery cute blouse!!
Happy Easter and Birthday!
ReplyDeleteYou're not supposed to do penances that are penances for others... just saying, I kept looking at your blog multiple times a day to see if you had updated, and it never was. But now you are posting again, so it's okay. I guess. ;)
Happy birthday and happy Easter!
ReplyDeleteHappiest birthday and Easter to you! Love that top- it looks great on you! I hope you had lots of donuts today!
ReplyDeleteHappy late Birthday and Happy Easter!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Ana!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, Ana! I always love reading about you and yours. Ah, 28...I remember it well. *cough cough*
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! My nephew and grandmother's birthdays fell yesterday, so we'll be celebrating the coming weekend. Also, kudos to you for getting so much done before Mass. If I tried that feat, I wouldn't look as put together as you do. I'd certainly be a hot mess.
ReplyDeleteHe is risen and happy birthday! (Wow. Good day.)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I definitely noticed your absence this week, as I was not holy enough to stay away from blogland.
ReplyDeleteHappy (late) Birthday! Love your cute polka-dot top! Sometimes I wonder how many necklaces I can expect to break while the kids are young.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're back to blogging!
The polka dots + necklace= very festive. Totally Eastery!
ReplyDeleteHappy late birthday and great outfit! You look like a 1940s chic chiquita..
ReplyDeleteHappy, Happy Belated Birthday! Happy Easter!! Yay for ham and black and white outfits! you look fabulous! Welcome back to cyber space.
ReplyDeleteYou look gorgeous! And happy belated birthday!
ReplyDelete28 looks good on you! I had no idea we were the same age. I thought for some reason you were much older than me - and it has nothing to do with how you look. You just seem to have it more together than I do. I know, you're laughing. But, it's true!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! And Happy Easter! And I love that blouse! That is ine awesome sister-in-law.
ReplyDeleteHey, happy birthday/Easter! What a great day!
ReplyDeleteThe outfit is really gorgeous on you!! And a very happy birthday! :) I feel a wee bit old now...and weak. Couldn't give up alcohol for a week. In fact, thinking about impending pregnancies makes me want to hit the bottle at 9am.
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter and a very Happy Birthday!!
Just added that top to my wish-list. Awesome find!!
ReplyDeletegood for you for wearing anti-easter colors! i think you look lovely in the black and polka-dots.
ReplyDelete