Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Outfit Link-Up

Camp Patton
And... we're back.

I decided to do the whole "no blogging during holy week" thing and I think Mike put it best when he said:

"What? You gave up blogging for holy week? No wonder it's been such a terrible week..."

Yup, that about sums it up. I mean, it was good. And maybe even semi to mildly "holy", but it definitely made me realize how much I love the heck out of blogging. And alcohol. I gave that up for the week too. I know, I am a saint. 

So I am not missing out on this Sunday's linkaroo with all you lovely ladies and co-hosted by the lovliest, Grace. Here's what Easter morning found me in:


It's kind of an anti-Easter attire with next to no white or color save the dots in my new favorite, longed for polka dot shirt care of my fabulous sister-in-law (who also gets credit for snapping that practically profesh photo above) and the teal necklace which was totally broken before this morning and barely salvaged during the car ride to Mass.

The whole thing is from target but the shoes and necklace- they're both thrifted.

This morning also found me:
- helping the girls search long and hard (5minutes tops) for their Easter baskets (hid in the easiest places to find ever)
- turning 28
- cooking a fat ham
- and potatoes
- and a carrot cake
- all before Mass

We're having a fabulous time hanging out with my little brother and his wife and their son, the most adorable, agreeable little baby boy in the world- he puts Lucy to shame.

I am off to eat donuts, have a fabulous Easter! 

27 comments :

  1. You are beautiful! Happy Easter and happy 28!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!!!

    I didn't like that you stopped blogging either.

    never again. punishment for all - not just you.

    and belated happy birthday! I'm sorry I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The teal makes it Easter-y :P Happy Birthday and Happy Easter :) And I just have to say that your glasses are awesome! The frames are such a great shape :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the polka dots! I hope 28 treats you well(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the polka dots! Glad you're back from your break!

    Happy Easter and 28th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter & Happy Birthday!!
    Very cute blouse!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter and Birthday!

    You're not supposed to do penances that are penances for others... just saying, I kept looking at your blog multiple times a day to see if you had updated, and it never was. But now you are posting again, so it's okay. I guess. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happiest birthday and Easter to you! Love that top- it looks great on you! I hope you had lots of donuts today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy late Birthday and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday, Ana! I always love reading about you and yours. Ah, 28...I remember it well. *cough cough*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday! My nephew and grandmother's birthdays fell yesterday, so we'll be celebrating the coming weekend. Also, kudos to you for getting so much done before Mass. If I tried that feat, I wouldn't look as put together as you do. I'd certainly be a hot mess.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday! Hope you had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He is risen and happy birthday! (Wow. Good day.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! I definitely noticed your absence this week, as I was not holy enough to stay away from blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy (late) Birthday! Love your cute polka-dot top! Sometimes I wonder how many necklaces I can expect to break while the kids are young.
    Glad you're back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The polka dots + necklace= very festive. Totally Eastery!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy late birthday and great outfit! You look like a 1940s chic chiquita..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy, Happy Belated Birthday! Happy Easter!! Yay for ham and black and white outfits! you look fabulous! Welcome back to cyber space.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look gorgeous! And happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. 28 looks good on you! I had no idea we were the same age. I thought for some reason you were much older than me - and it has nothing to do with how you look. You just seem to have it more together than I do. I know, you're laughing. But, it's true!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday! And Happy Easter! And I love that blouse! That is ine awesome sister-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey, happy birthday/Easter! What a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The outfit is really gorgeous on you!! And a very happy birthday! :) I feel a wee bit old now...and weak. Couldn't give up alcohol for a week. In fact, thinking about impending pregnancies makes me want to hit the bottle at 9am.

    Happy Easter and a very Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just added that top to my wish-list. Awesome find!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. good for you for wearing anti-easter colors! i think you look lovely in the black and polka-dots.

    ReplyDelete